1. Which of the following is NOT associated with a P-N junction ?
(A) Junction capacitance (B) Charge Storage Capacitance
(C) Depletion Capacitance (D) Channel Length Modulation
2. Which of the following is true ?
(A) A silicon wafer heavily doped with boron is a P+ substrate
(B) A silicon wafer lightly doped with boron is a P+ substrate
(C) A silicon wafer heavily doped with arsenic is a P+ substrate
(D) A silicon wafer lightly doped with arsenic is a P+ substrate
3. In the following limiter circuit, an input voltage Vi = 10sin100πt
applied. Assume that the diode drop is 0.7 volts when it is forward
biased. The Zener breakdown voltage is 6.8 volts.
4. A silicon wafer has 100nm of oxide on it and is inserted in a
furnace at a temperature above 1000oC for further oxidation in dry
oxygen. The oxidation rate
(A) Is independent of current oxide thickness and temperature
(B) Is independent of current oxide thickness but depends on temperature
(C) Slows down as the oxide grows
(D) Is zero as the existing oxide prevents further oxidation
5. The drain current of a MOSFET in saturation is given by
ID = K(VGS - Vt)2, where K is a constant. The magnitude of the
trans conductance gm is